We understand the need for companies and their staff to have access to good quality healthcare outside of Nigeria when emergencies arise. Previously, companies were forced to either carry this risk directly (i.e. pay out of pocket if the event occurs) or purchase full international plans which provided more than was required and which was hardly ever used and which has proved to be inefficient from a cost perspective.
Hygeia has therefore identified the need to access only emergency evacuation services as important to several leading corporates in Nigeria. To meet this need, Hygeia HMO, working with its international partners, Aeroworx and MSO International, based in South Africa, brought to market a plan that gives access to care outside of country (Nigeria) for subscribers in cases of emergency. This allows more individuals to have access to this cover at an affordable price and thereby enhances the employee value proposition This plan is exclusively sold by Hygeia, powered by Aeroworx and administered by MSO International, with clients being able to access Emergency Evacuation and Hospitalisation care in a wide variety of hospitals across Africa, Asia, UAE, UK. This plan is suitable for people who do not travel often and therefore do not need a full international private medical insurance plan but wish to have security of access to overseas treatment in the event of critical emergencies.
The key elements of the plan are:
- Full evacuation and inpatient cover of US$500,000 per event in a year
- Bed to Bed evacuation service + accompanying family member
- Visa on arrival service in SA and UK for the beneficiary and accompanying family member where they do not have visas
- Option of Naira payment wheredesirable
- Automatic second opinion from MSO Global
- No Claim Discount every 24 months of cover if there is no claim